Grey Street is very proud of our INTEREST GROUP model. Individuals and groups are encouraged to come forward with initiatives and are provided with guidance and support from the Leadership Team. It is easy to do. Contact the Interest Group Coordinator with your idea. The coordinator will answer any questions you may have.
Interest Group Coordinator – Eleanor Harrison
The list below gives an indication of the wide variety of interest groups.
Interest Groups 2019/20
- Lenten Study
- Garage Sale
- Doughnator Perogy Sale
- Apple/Pumpkin Pies Sale
- Joyful Sound Concert (date TBA )
- Bathroom Shower – Raising items to stock a refugee’s bathroom (date TBA)
- This space is reserved for your Interest Group Ideas
On-going Interest Groups
- Worship Team
- Pastoral Care Team
- Music (choir) Sept to end of May
- Concordia Place – provide worship for residents
- Mission and Service Enthusiasts
- T’BJIGGN (7 United Church churches in the NE part of Winnipeg)
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Aluminum Cans – raising funds through recycling aluminum cans.
- Tabs For Chairs
Celebrating Past Interest Groups
(Keep watching they may come back!)
- Dinner Theater – original musical comedies from our Grey Street Players and a spectacular home-cooked meal as well. In operation for over 25 years!
- Meat Pies – a fund-raiser involving the preparation, cooking and selling of Grey Street’s famous meat pies.
- Singing With Joy – Six sessions over 7 weeks. Delve into the world of choir singing and explore music overall.
- Paint a Christmas Porch Sign – Learn to paint, sand and stain a personalized porch sign.
- Creative Banner Ministry – Designing and making banners to adorn the sanctuary.
- Back Packs – Packing backpacks with useful items for inner city homeless people.
- Bring a Friend to Church Sundae on a Sunday – Inviting friends and neighbours to share worship and an ice cream sundae with us.
- Mitten Tree – Knitting mittens to decorate a Christmas Tree; the mittens have been given to a neighbourhood school, the Southern Chiefs Organization, outreach ministries, shelters … ON GOING
- Deer Meadows Farm Corn Maze – A fun trip for all ages.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner – Host a meal for congregational members … but you don’t know who’s coming!
- African Djembe Drumming Workshop – Learn to play a djembe drum.
- Sisters of the Holy Rock Concert – A fund raiser featuring the famous Winnipeg group.
- Sisters’ Bake Sale – A fund raiser in coordination with the Sisters Concert.
- Breakfast Club – Providing nutritious breakfasts to elementary school children at a neighbourhood school.
- Fruit Basket Ministry – Pack and deliver fruit baskets in teh Christmas season for those in our community who have suffered bereavement , adversity, for shut ins and for those who have celebrated marriage or baptism.
- North-end Community Ministry Feast – Providing a hot meal for the needy at Stella MIssion.
- No Sew Blanket Workshops – Learn to make cozy, uncomplicated blankets.
- Summer Fun Fest (Open House) – Food, fun, games and prizes for our community to celebrate a return to church after July and August.