Grey Street United Church leads worship for the residents at Concordia Place Personal Care Home.
For girls ages 7 and 8
Brownie Units meet once a week, usually for an hour and a half
The hands-on Brownies program is all about encouraging girls to develop their own identity and positive relationships with others. Brownies gain confidence by learning skills that they can use in their daily lives and develop a commitment to their communities through service projects and special events. Programming covers safety and healthy choices, science and technology, the arts and eco-awareness and camping.
For girls ages 5 to 6
Sparks usually meet once a week for an hour
In Sparks, girls are encouraged to try a bit of everything and begin discovering their individual skills, talents and interests. Girls will make lots of new friends, start earning badges and begin to learn all kinds of new skills in a safe and fun atmosphere.
Sample activities may include:
- Discovering the community through outings to places such as a fire station, a farmer’s market or a neighbourhood landmark
- Exploring the arts by making multi-dimensional collages or creating a dance
- Learning about bike safety
- Having fun preparing simple, healthy snacks
- Discovering the outdoors on a nature scavenger hunt
- Having sleepovers or going to a weekend camp